A message to our families.
At Hanson-Runsvold Funeral Home we care deeply about the families we have been serving for the last 100 years and want to inform you of the steps we are taking as we continue to serve families during this difficult time. We are working diligently to balance the needs of the families we serve with their safety and the safety of the public.
It’s important to help families find comfort in a time that is full of questions and uncertainty. Above all else, we want you to know that we are here for you and we are keeping the health and well-being of our families, our team and our community at the core of every decision we make. Our facilities are always clean and sanitized, but during this time we are taking extra measures to help ensure safety for all when you are here.
We are monitoring the situation daily and have taken the following precautions:
Cleaning & Sanitation Procedures:
- We are sanitizing our chapels after a service has been held and our gathering and meeting spaces after each use, regardless of the number of people in attendance.
- All areas and surfaces of the funeral home are sanitized on a daily basis in line based on the guidelines from the CDC.
- Hand sanitizer and tissues have been placed throughout the funeral home. We are also using sanitizing hand soap in the restrooms.
- All of our team members are following CDC hand washing and sanitizing guidelines, maintaining proper distancing when possible and staying home when showing any signs of illness.
- Funeral Services & Gatherings
- We offer live video streaming at our main chapel and will be providing that service at no cost to allow for all loved ones to be part of the funeral service even when they can’t be there in person.
- All events and gatherings currently planned have either been adapted, postponed or cancelled to ensure that social distancing can be maintained.
- Funeral arrangements and pre-planning meetings can now be conducted over the phone, email, or through video conferencing at your request.
While we are taking critical steps to maintain the health and safety of everyone who comes into our funeral home or walks onto our property, it’s important that families also adhere to the guidelines set by the CDC to reduce the risk of getting sick and spreading the virus to others.
- Limit your outings. This is especially critical for those 60 or older and to those with underlying health conditions.
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid touching your face.
- Stay away from large group gatherings when you can and practice social distancing of at least 6 feet when you must be in public.
- Stay home if you are sick.
We are here to work with you through this difficult time and will continue to monitor updates from the CDC as we move forward. Please don’t hesitate to call us at (701)232-3222 or email at [email protected] if you have any questions or concerns.